Are you a full stack developer with 2-3 years of experience looking to join a dynamic, growing team?
We’re Powered by Coffee, a London-based but fully remote WordPress VIP development agency, and we’d love to hear from you.
Who we are
We work with a combination of online media, publishers, agencies and startups. Helping them make the most of the web and all the possibilities that “digital” brings.
The majority of our projects involve building WordPress themes and plugins. They’re never your standard WordPress blog project; there is always something special that needs a little extra thought. Whether that’s a tricky design build, custom WooCommerce add-ons or really complex content management, almost every project has something interesting to get your teeth into.
We try to build long term relationships with our clients and the people we work with. You’ll be working with our team and our clients, directly helping the people your project impacts. We support each other working on projects to get the very best results for our clients.
We’re very tools focused and do our best to build processes into our projects so you’ll get to bring the best of what you’ve learned elsewhere and apply it to improve how we work. We’re not attached to any part of our processes and always want to improve how we get stuff done.
The ideal developer for this role will have several years working on web dev projects under their belt, familiarity with the WordPress APIs and have worked in an agency or in online media.
You will be responsible for:
- Increasing velocity and quality of our work by contributing to new and existing projects your development skills
- Increase client satisfaction by helping us get through our backlog quicker.
- Improve our clients businesses and projects by identifying the next things we can help them with
- Propose solutions for problems and projects as they come up
- Improve our profitability and processes by managing and contribute to our internal development tools/frameworks
- Help our Project Manager with the development of multiple projects at once
What you’ll be doing:
- Building effective content management system and applications on-top of WordPress
- Developing websites and applications with PHP, MySQL, HTML, SCSS, JS etc
- Building WordPress themes and plugins from the ground up.
- Writing import and migration scripts using WP-CLI and other CLI arguments.
- Proposing technical solutions to problems
- Helping the PM with specifying and estimating projects
- Solving Operational problems with Deployments, Servers, Tools etc
- Enhancing and improving our internal tools
- Helping and coaching junior team members get better at their roles
- Collaborating with team members to solve problems
- A self starter who enjoys working minimal direction
- Organized and likes to stay that way.
- Can work in teams as a leader and part of a broader group
- Open, Honest and Communicative
- Able to work with and support a broad range of projects at the same time.
- Enjoys improving themselves and processes
- Great attention to detail
- Understands when to do something the rightway, the quick way or when not to do anything at all.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ Years PHP, ideally in an agency. Understands and can work with – PHP7, Object Oriented PHP, Name Spaces, Autoloading, Composer and other modern PHP standards.
- 3+ Years Working with WordPress, can write a plugin or theme from scratch.
- 3+ Years HTML, (S)CSS, JS
- 3+ Years
- 2+ Year Git and Version control
- 2+ Experience in DevOps (Automation, Servers, Docker, Monitoring, CI/CD)
- Experience working on large scale sites
- Experience in DevOps (Automation, Servers, Docker, Monitoring)
- Experience in Twig, Laravel, ReactJS, Redis
- Experience Managing Linux (Ubuntu Servers)
- Experience working in media and publishing
Salary + Benefits
- £35,000 to £42,000 depending on experience
- Potential bonus up to £10,000 OTE
- 25 Days Holiday (plus bank holidays for 33 total)
- Dedicated Training + Conference Budget
- Flexible working hours
- Promotions and growth as we grow
- Remote within the UK
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.